Thursday, January 27, 2011

2011, The Semester Begins


This semester starts with a bang!!!

All my students have returned improved, energized, and ready to move forward. I've also been blessed with new voices that are sure to succeed as professionals. The new voices are young singers who aspire to careers in opera, jazz, and musical theatre. I welcome the challenge of meeting their needs and watching them like those in past semesters excel as they achieve the goals they've set for themselves. They pay me the utmost honor.

It was with tremendous joy and excitement that I was able to share the news that I was being hired by Morgan State University to give a Master Class in Musical Theatre for vocalists during the coming semester. Later, they've invited me to participate in the Summer Opera Workshop alongside such luminaries as Denyce Graves and Donna Roll. Two extraordinary artists whose careers have instructed and inspired many. I'm honored to share as a faculty member and also that its director, Vincent Stringer, believed in my abilities to inspire and educate our next generation.

This semester also recognizes the return of Ms. Tamara Cashour as pianist for my opera classes at Mannes College and Mr. Nori Ochiai, my pianist for my cabaret class. A special welcome to Mr. Collin DeJoseph who will be the accompanist for this semester's class "Story, Song, and Stage" at The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music.

So we begin 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment