Monday, July 5, 2010

"La Voce"




I chose the road less traveled.

To develop a real functioning voice for the Bel Canto style of singing Opera, one must make a total commitment for life. Because I wanted to know the difference between having a beautiful voice and one capable of what seems impossible, I embarked on the most difficult journey of my life.

There is no perfect state, but we must continually aspire to such. This journey has produced vocal abilities that I have dreamed of possessing for years. This particular time in my life has shown me that the truth in all things is possible if we are willing to submit (be submissive)to an energy far greater than ourselves.

Though my time spent having a career has been long and fruitful, I feel I've only just begun. This vocal understanding is a gift; I wondered why singers from the past sang into their 80s and 90s, and those today are plagued with heartache and vocal deterioration. Longevity was no accident, but a knowing that somewhere along the way became polluted.

There are many roads to Rome, and today I confirmed having truly found one. A man is a success when he feels like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment