Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dear Friends, Students, and Colleagues


Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend my performance yesterday at the Countee Cullen Library. I really enjoyed this particular concert and have been getting very positive feedback from a number of you. As many of you know, I am in the process of writing my memoir as well as a book about my singing career and all the varied places it has taken me in my life.

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you would like to do so post your comments about the concert on my FaceBook page. At this time, I would also like to invite you to feel free to write any little historical facts that you might have since working with me or knowing me. Many of you have some pretty interesting stories and views about things that we have discussed and/or worked through over the past few years.

Please do not feel like this is a big obligation--to do this minute, or ever--if writing makes you uncomfortable. It just would be nice to publish some of the great feedback and stories that you have been giving me, along with perhaps a little bit about who you are and how you came to know me. I've certainly had a rich experience knowing all of you, and for that I thank you.

Yours in the Arts,

Kamal

1 comment:

  1. I also want to thank you for your teaching. You & I met in the mid-80's when my voice was burned out & I had NO UPPER REGISTER [remember that?] That was in the time when we poor dancers were relegated to just 'belting' forget ever becoming a singer. You had been recommended to me at the time when I was so doggone frustrated so I gave you a shot, & on the first day I breathlessly waded through the 'swell & release' UGH! Painful, torturous, ego deflating, UGH! But slowly & not as long as I thought it would be, the notes started to come: longer, louder, stronger & POOF! The upper register was back with some more on the other end, & then my range expanded in both directions. I could go on & on about the metamorphosis but I won't LOL!! After a very long break from the biz, I am preparing to re-enter & the book I'm using to dust off the pipes is the book you had me buy all those years ago: The Soprano Voice by Anthony Frisell. So needless to say, you are & have been a very important part of my voice. Thank you Kamal. Oh gees, getting all weepy now lolololllllllllllllllllllllll!!!


    With Much Love.

    ReplyDelete